11.2.1 Zoning Permit Required
A. No land shall be used or occupied and no building hereafter shall be structurally altered, erected, moved, used, or its use changed, until a Zoning Permit is issued by the Zoning Administrator stating the land, building, and/or the proposed use complies with the provisions of this Ordinance.
B. The Zoning Administrator shall collect fees for the issuance of Zoning Permits as authorized by the fee schedule adopted by the Board of Commissioners.
C. The issuance of a valid Zoning Permit shall confer with it the right to undertake and complete the development and/or use of property under the terms and conditions of such permit, provided that such action as authorized by the permit is commenced with 180 days of issuance and provided that all other permits are obtained. Otherwise the permit shall be void.
D. If at time of application, it is determined that the property lies in a Watersupply Watershed, as shown on the Zoning Map, a Watershed Protection Permit will be required in addition to the Zoning Permit. All requirements and procedures are the same as for a Zoning Permit.
11.2.2 Application Procedures
A. Each application for a Zoning Permit shall be accompanied by two copies of a plan drawn to scale including the following information:
- The actual shape and dimensions of the lot on which the proposed building or use is to be erected or conducted.
- The location of the lot with respect to adjacent right-of-ways.
- The shape, dimensions, and location of all buildings, existing and proposed, on the lot.
- The proposed and existing uses of the building(s) or land.
- The location and dimensions of parking and driveways.
- Any other information which the Zoning Administrator may deem necessary for consideration in enforcing the provisions of this Ordinance.
B. One copy of the plans shall be returned to the applicant by the Zoning Administrator after the copy is marked as approved or denied and signed. The second copy of the plans, similarly marked, shall be held on file with the Zoning Administrator.
C. Developments that require Planning Board or Board of Commissioners approval shall be subject to the applicable approval process and submittal requirements of this Ordinance prior to the issuance of a Zoning Permit.
11.2.3 Expiration of Zoning Permit
Any Zoning Permit issued in accordance with this Ordinance, will lapse and become invalid unless the work for which it was issued is started within six months of the date of issue, or if the work authorized by it is suspended or abandoned for a period of at least one year.