For all information related to COVID-19 please continue to our ReadyHoke website linked below
Hoke County Health Department
The new Hoke County Health Department is a large modern facility with an area of 19,535 square feet. In this spacious building, employees provide premium health care services to individuals and families from babies to mature adults. The Hoke County Health Department hosts many meetings to unite community leaders on current health issues. Several health promotional activities, such as First Aid / CPR classes, Mental Health First Aid, Childbirth education classes, and ADA Diabetes Self-Management classes are hosted at the health department throughout the year.
The mission of the Hoke County Health Department is to provide public health services that promote, protect, and preserve the wellness of Hoke County citizens and the surrounding communities.
The vision of the Hoke County Health Department is to advocate, educate, and empower Hoke County citizens in improving their health by achieving health equity and eliminating disparities.
Core Values of the Hoke County Health Department
We believe in…
- Fostering positive partnerships with other community agencies.
- Being an innovative community resource for healthy lifestyle changes
- Delivering premier health care services to our patrons.
- Providing educational programs to empower participants to strive for excellence in health.
- Embracing and respecting the cultural diversity of our community.
Staff and Services
The Hoke County Health Department employees consist of approximately 40 employees who work with local, regional, and state health care professionals to provide an array of services annually. In addition to providing the mandated public health services, the Hoke County Health Department offers an adult primary care clinic that utilizes a sliding fee scale for self-pay patients. Also, a variety of wellness opportunities are offered to citizens throughout the county.
- Helene Edwards, MS, RD, LDN - Health Director
- Vacant- Public Health Nursing Supervisor
- Jenny McDuffie, BS - Administrative Officer
- Vacant - Environmental Health Supervisor
- Vacant - Nutrition Director
- Isley Cotton, MSW - OBCM & CC4C Case Management Supervisor
- Andrea Aleshire, MPH - Public Health Educator/PIO
- Ulva Little-Bennett, BS - Public Health Educator, AAC
- Tony V. Locklear - Quality Improvement Coordinator