I am in the military, do I have to pay this bill?
Taxpayers who are active military and have a home of record as stated on the most current LES is a state other than North Carolina are not required to pay personal property taxes in North Carolina. To process a release for the bill, the Tax Department will need a copy of a current LES. Spouses and dependents are exempt also if they have the documents needed such as a marriage certificate and/or a sponsor card to link the two names together. Please feel free to contact Tax Collections Department for more information at 910-875-8751.

Show All Answers

1. Can I prepay my taxes before the bills are mailed?
2. Can I pay my real estate taxes via telephone or over the internet?
3. I sold this property. Why am I getting this tax bill?
4. I am in the military, do I have to pay this bill?
5. I do not live in Hoke County and never have. Why am I receiving a bill?
6. Why is there a BLOCK on my tag, preventing renewal?
7. We do not own this vehicle anymore or/ We do not live in this state anymore. What should I do with the bill?
8. Can I appeal the value of my vehicle?
9. What time period does a motor vehicle bill cover?
10. When are real estate taxes due?