Social Services


Protective Services Reports
If you need to make a report of abuse, neglect or exploitation of adults or children during regular business hours, please stop by or call the Intake Social Worker at 910-878-1988 or 910-875-8725.

To make a report after business hours or on holidays/ weekends, please call 9-1-1 and ask for the on-call social worker or if outside Hoke County telephone exchange dial 1-877-257-9211. It is possible for reporters to remain anonymous.

 Do not report abuse or neglect via email or by leaving a message on voicemail.  

Mission Statement

Hoke County Department of Social Services will provide, along with other state and local agencies, services to every citizen of this county to the fullest extent of all policies and regulations.

We will provide an environment where citizens can feel assured that their needs will be met in a professional and caring manner.

Core Value

Hoke County Department of Social Services will collect input from citizens and partners to improve efficiency and delivery of services.

View information on the Hoke County Board of Social Services, including meeting agendas and minutes.

In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Under the Food Stamp Act and USDA policy, discrimination is prohibited also on the basis of religion or political beliefs.

To file a complaint of discrimination, contact USDA or HHS: USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenuenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, 800-795-3272 (voice) or 202-720-6382 (TTY) or HHS, Director, Office for Civil Rights, Room 506-F, 200 Independence Avenuenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201, 202-619-0403 (voice) 202-619-3257 (TTY). USDA and HHS are equal opportunity providers and employers.