Adult Services

Adult Services Unit

If you need to make an Adult Protective Services report during regular business hours, please stop by or call the Intake Social Worker at 910-878-1988 or 910-875-8725.

To make a report after business hours or on holidays/ weekends, please call 9-1-1 and ask for the on-call social worker. It is possible for reporters to remain anonymous.

Do not report abuse or neglect via email or by leaving a message on voicemail. 

The social workers in the Adult Services Unit provide intensive social work assistance to clients and their families who have serious and complicated social, economic, emotional, physical and mental problems. The services programs are designed to protect those in need of assistance and who are not competent to provide adequately for themselves. The service programs include:

  • Protective Services for Adults
  • AT RISK Case Management
  • Guardianship Service
  • Individual / Family Adj. Services
  • Payee Services
  • In-Home Aide Services
  • Adult Home Specialist – monitor facility for licensure compliance
  • Health Support Services
  • SA – In Home
  • Adjustment Services for the Blind and Vision Impaired, and Medical Eye Care for County residents
    (The social worker for the Blind is typically in the office on Wednesdays & Thursdays)

Please feel free to contact the Adult Services Supervisor via e-mail or at 910-878-1935 for more information about any of programs and services offered through the Adult Services Unit.