- Our Community
- Health Department
- Family Planning
What is Family Planning?
The concept or a program of limiting the size of families through the spacing or prevention of pregnancies through use of a birth control method.
Birth Methods Available Include:
- Natural Family Planning
- Birth Control Pills
- Depo-Provera Injection
- Intrauterine devices (IUDs) (Mirena, Liletta, Paragard)
- Nexplanon birth control implant
- Emergency Contraception (you must schedule an appointment within 3 days of unprotected sex).
- Prescriptions may be provided for methods such as birth control patch and Nuva Ring vaginal ring
- Referrals are made for clients desiring Bilateral Tubal Ligation and Vasectomy
- Yearly Physical Exams (including postpartum exams)
- Education on all birth control methods
- General Health Education
- STD and HIV counseling and screening
- Counseling to plan a pregnancy
- Education on topics to assist in a healthy lifestyle
- Abnormal pap test counseling and referral for abnormal pap tests
Hoke County Health Department provides youth-friendly services called Teen-Time for teens between 11-19 years of age. Teen Time is held every first and third Monday of each month. Parental permission is not required to be seen in Family Planning and during Teen Time clinic to get a birth control method. However, you are encouraged to communicate with your parents/guardians about your desire for birth control.
You are not required to get a pelvic exam to get birth control.
Interpreters are on-site for non-English speaking patients at no cost to the patient.
Family planning appointments are made Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 10:30 am and 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm.
Medicaid is accepted for Family Planning and pregnancy testing services. Also, most private insurances are accepted. Uninsured and self-paying clients will receive services on a sliding fee scale. Your income and family size will determine your fee. There is a special Medicaid that will cover family planning services that you may be eligible for if you do not have insurance. Download the application to apply.
Hoke County Health Department follows the North Carolina Title X Family Planning Services Guidelines.