Other Services

Home Repair

(When grant is awarded to the county) The North Carolina Housing Finance Agency provides funds through the Urgent Repair Grant. Only repairs that address imminent threats to the life and/or safety of occupants of the dwelling unit or accessibility modifications will be addressed under the program.

In order to qualify for assistance an applicant must reside within the limits of the agency-determined target boundaries and own and occupy the home in need of repair. Senior Services of Hoke County will provide assistance to selected homeowners in the form of a loan covering the hard and soft costs of the URP funds associated with the repair/modification of the unit. Homeowners will receive an unsecured deferred, interest-free loan, forgiven at a rate of $2,000 per year until the principal balance is reduced to zero. The maximum loan amount is $10,000.

Ensure Products are Sold Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.


Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry, Butter Pecan


  • Regular: $17.00
  • Plus $19.00
  • Glucerna $27.00

(Prices are subject to change based on manufacturer pricing)

Utility Assistance: 
Lumbee River Electric provides funds for Hoke County residents who are members of the Lumbee River Electric Corporation. These funds can be utilized once per calendar year and applicants must meet the following criteria: 1. Verification of monthly household income and meet CIP guidelines

2. A copy of valid picture ID which corresponds to the address of the residence identified as shown on the utility bill.

3. Bill must be in person's name requesting assistance

4. Must have disconnect notice on bill

5. Funds cannot be used for deposit or charge of accounts